LFS with package management (rpm, dpkg?)

Kristian Nybo kriny at dlc.fi
Thu Jun 1 05:21:19 PDT 2000

I'd like to install either rpm or dpkg on my LFS system so that everything
would be installed from packages, meaning that to stay true to the
principle of LFS I'd have to build the packages myself and then install
them, either on top of the old LFS or preferably make a new ext2 partition
and install them there.

Ergo the questions follow:

Is this possible (without impossible loads of work), and if it is, how
should I do it? I've never built an rpm (and never even used dpkg) so I
have no conception of how easy or hard this is going to be.

Which one should I use, rpm or dpkg (pros/cons)? Are there other good (or
even better) choices?

Are there other questions I should've asked? ;-)