where should kernel config go exactly?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 1 08:07:28 PDT 2000

Hi guys,

Kernel in chapter 5 rewritten, it contains:
root:linux# yes "" | make config
root:linux# make dep
root:linux# cd /usr/include
root:linux# ln -s ../src/linux/include/linux linux
root:linux# ln -s ../src/linux/include/asm asm

Most likely I will build a quick LFS system (just up to chapter 5 and
that's it) but perhaps one of you can tell me: what is needed for 'make
dep'. Findutils I've heard about, anything else? Is there anything
needed for make config?

www.linuxfromscratch.org