suggestions for config files

Georg Wilckens durandal at nfinity.de
Thu Jun 1 14:59:30 PDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 04:35:27PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > Hallo scratchers,
> >
> > I think it would be useful to also give some nice config files for
> > common programs. Most people probably don't want to miss dircolors and
> > we could adopt the nice startup-script looks from SuSE. Surely we
> > don't want to take up the bloat many distributions bring with them,
> > but some basic (and explained!) configs would make sense IMHO.
>
> I believe that's up to the user him or herself. You're building your own
> system, so you want to configure it yourself as well...

Depends on your motivation. If it's just educational - I agree. My
motivation however is having a system where I know where everything is
and have clean, maintainable scripts and configs (useful configs
btw). That doesn't mean that I have to write all the configs myself, I
just want to know they work and I want them to be bloatless and
static. But then again, this may be beyond the scope of this project.

Regards,
	Georg
--
Georg Wilckens <durandal at nfinity.de>