where should kernel config go exactly?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 2 07:13:06 PDT 2000

> I also thought you needed make dep to generate the version number
> in /usr/include/linux.  Wrong again, that is done during make config.
> So, do we need to do make dep?

Not sure, but I think so. I think without make dep programs like
e2fsprogs complain about some MAJOR definition missing or so...not too
sure. I just arived in chroot environment, installed ed, patch and gcc.
Going to do the rest on monday. So far everything seems to be fixed.

www.linuxfromscratch.org