shutting down

Mark Stone strider at linux.com
Fri Jun 2 12:51:31 PDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > > Now the problem: when I issue the "shutdown" command, or use ctrl-alt-del,
> > > instead of shutting down the system goes into maintenance mode with a
> > > message like "enter root password for maintenance or ctrl-D for normal
> > > startup". Or something like that anyway (don't have the system in front of
> > > me at the moment).
> >

> Most important, what symlinks are in /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d ? Does
> one of the symlinks point to a script that contains a sulogin command?

Thanks, Gerard! I had the reboot symlink in the wrong directory. Fixed
that, and everything is working smoothly now.

Mark

Mark Stone   ||   strider at linux.com   ||   http://digitalpilgrim.com
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
                                               -Antoine de Saint-Exupery