Trend ChipAwayVirus Msg

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 3 08:16:31 PDT 2000

No, the "chip" is not removable without destroying the CMOS. But you just
need to turn it off in the BIOS. This happens on pretty all new
motherboards, but this option is turned off by default on the majority of
them. This is to prevent, among others, changes to the MBR. Lilo needs to
write to the MBR.