binutils-2.9.5.0.37

Brandon Castagna bcastagna at usa.net
Sat Jun 3 17:26:42 PDT 2000

I am having problems configuring, and then later compiling, the
aforementioned binutils version in accordance to the LFS-2.2.3
book.  At present, the statement:  ./configure --prefix=/usr  ,
doesn't execute, but prompts me for my host type, when i
configure using i586-pc-linux-gnu, it then complains that it
can't compile conftest.c because the CC env var is not set.
When i do set the CC environment var to /usr/bin/gcc of my
normal and working distro, it still refuses to configure, any
ideas ?
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com