where should kernel config go exactly?

Thorben Thuermer thorbenthuermer at gmx.net
Sat Jun 3 18:46:07 PDT 2000

Nelson Arzola wrote:

> [...]

i don´t know what machines you cansider "old" but a full
kernel-compilation on a 486 with 20Megs RAM takes about an hour...

whatever "make dep" is for, it is *not* for partial recompilation, make
recognizes *automatically* which parts have to be recompiled after a
config-change.

Do you always "make clean" before compiling your kernel??

Thorben Thuermer

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com