Reboot Problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 3 22:34:42 PDT 2000

> Now, 'shutdown -h now' works fine, but 'shutdown -r now' runs all of the
> shutdown scripts as normal, gets to the part where it normally reboots, and
> I get:
> System Reboot in Progress, Restarting System..
> ..and it stops  :(

Try what Thorben suggested first. But also, just make sure your scripts
are still in order. Even if you haven't willfully changed anything, you
never know. Most problems arise because you think all files are still in
order while they aren't...

does the /etc/init.d/reboot script contain the simple line: reboot -f
(note the -f)? I believe it when you say all scripts are in order, but I
just make it a point pointing this out and have the user check it so you
can be 200% sure that the scripts aren't to be blaimed...(call me
neurotic or annoying if you will, it won't stop me :)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com