ShellUtils compile prob and TextUtils question

Keith Marshall krm05 at uow.edu.au
Sun Jun 4 06:42:00 PDT 2000

Hi

I'm following lfs 2.3.3 and have nearly got all he static compiles finished.
I have one problem and one question.

Firstly, I'm getting an error when I try to compile shellutils.

When I type
make -e LDFLAGS=-static

I get errors:

make[2]: *** [date] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /mnt/LFS/usr/src/sh-utils-2.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory /mnt/LFS/usr/src/sh-utils-2.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I know someone had a similar problem with compiling make but I'm including
the
--disable-nls option in the configuration command, as the book states, so I
don't know what the problem is.

I also have a question about textutils. Is this part right?

root:textutils-2.0# ./configure --prefix=/usr
root:textutils-2.0# make
root:textutils-2.0# make install
root:textutils-2.0# mv /usr/bin/cat /bin

why aren't we working in lfs for this one?

ok thats it,
hope someone can lend a hand,
Keith

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com