problems compiling kdebase-1.1.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 5 10:11:28 PDT 2000

<cut kde errors>

I saw a number of errors related to X libraries like system not being
able to find lXt

Check /etc/ld.so.conf
Does it contain /etc/X11/lib ?

Where are your kde libs? Is the kdelibs dir mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf
(i myself install kde with --prefix=/usr/kde so I add /usr/kde/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf)

I also saw errors regarding Qt header files. The enviroment variable
$QTDIR must point to the QT-base directory (say /usr/qt so include files
are then under /usr/qt/include)

Have you added the qt-library directory to /etc/ld.so.conf as well (say
/usr/qt/lib) ?

And lastly, are you using QT-1.x for kde-1.1.2. I'm using qt-1.44 but I
believe there's a 1.45 available as well. Don't use qt-2.x for kde-1.x -
i tried it, won't work at all.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com