LFS-2.3.4 released

Georg Wilckens durandal at nfinity.de
Tue Jun 6 00:52:39 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 11:13:03PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> LFS-2.3.4 is available for viewing online and download in the following
> formats:
> HTML
> Single HTML file (nochunks)
> SGML
> TXT
>
> Kernel has been fixed as far as I could test (had limited time) and
> the LILO part has been updated a bit, but not the way I want it to be.
> That's for later worries.

Just a reminder: the 'else' in /etc/init.d/checkroot ist still
missing. I'm also not sure if running lilo from our LFS is really a
smart thing to do. If for some reason you messed up at the kernel
configuration, since we only added an entry for LFS in lilo.conf, our
system will be unbootable. I suggest either adding LFS at your
distribution's lilo.conf (that's what I do) or mounting your dist's fs
at LFS and add an image for that to lilo.conf. But maybe that's what
you mean by "not the way I want it to be".

Regards,
	Georg
--
Georg Wilckens <durandal at nfinity.de>