configure and gcc hang

Nathaniel nathaniel37 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 09:03:20 PDT 2000

i'm doing ver 2.2 and i'm to the point where i compile
gcc on my LFS system (as opposed to where i compile it
on my main system and have it install on LFS) but when
i configure it waits a long time then says something
about it can't find what host i'm using.... i also
made a very small program ("Hello world!") in C and
tried to compile it.  It just hung there (and if i
remeber correctly i think the system became very
unstable, seg faults for ls even, but my may be wrong)

nathaniel37 at yahoo.com