findutils-patch failed

Clyde Wilson clydew at clydew.net
Tue Jun 6 09:14:44 PDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Erika Pacholleck wrote:

> reference: book 2.3.2 + 2.3.3
>
> situation: findutils-4.1.tar.gz
> problem: compiling fails
>
> question:
> 1. does the patch refer to the original findutils-4.1

Yes, but you should unzip the patch file before using it.
Also remove the .gz from the script.

> 2. what´s the findutils-4.1-fixed.tar.gz

It is the original, with the patch applied.  This is the
way we used to do it.  It was felt that by applying the
patch ourselves, we could better see what had been changed.
A very good idea...

Clyde Wilson

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com