Boy, am I havin' trouble!

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 6 09:36:17 PDT 2000

> I do have gcc-2.95.2 installed.  I believe Claudio was right, XGCC is a
> temporary compiler built during the bootstrap phase of it's compilation.

I should have known. It just didnt' register with me. I assumed (for
some reason) that you were in the first stage compiling where the
native compiler is build. From stage 2 and onwards the compiled compiler
is used (and is called xgcc as we all know by now). Sorry for the
confusion.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com