patch -Np1 -i ../gzip-1.2.4a.patch.gz

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 6 09:46:55 PDT 2000

> > Hmm... maybe there are patch(1)es out there that detect .gz
> > files. Probably not the vanilla patch(1).
>
> Normally, lynx and Netscape gunzip .gz files using zlib automatically. But I
> agree a note should be included on this subject in the book.

My netscape removes the gz extension be default and doens't ungzip
anything...Either way, the .gz suffix used in the book is wrong. Though,
if you had followed the book to the letter you would have gotten the
error "no such file or directory" since in chapter 2 I clearly stated
that all files you use must be ungzip'ed and untar'ed (or unbzip2'ed
when applicable) prior to using. The .gz suffixes will be removed in
the next release.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com