Reboot Problem

Ian Chilton ian at ichilton.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 11:00:35 PDT 2000

Hello,

> append="reboot=bios"

My LFS Server now reboots fine...thanks!

...but I have another problem, which may be related.

I have a machine running SuSE 6.4 (I didn't have time to do LFS, but will do
eventually..).
The machine uses soft power, thus once on, the power swich doesn't do
anything.

I have re-compiled the kernel, and included APM support, but when I shut
down, it doesn't switch off  :(
The only way to turn it off, is to pull the power lead out of the back,
which is not a good solution...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : ian at ichilton.co.uk              |

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com