keeping source trees

Mark Stone strider at linux.com
Tue Jun 6 11:33:08 PDT 2000

I'm wondering how important it is to keep around the source trees for the
various packages I've installed. The kernel source tree makes sense, since
there are obviously other programs that make use of some of these header
files. I also found while installing openssh that it looked for a header
file from another package (I forget which one, off hand). But generally
speaking, can these be deleted, or will they be needed?

This is not an immediately pressing issue: I'm only using 784M on a 4 Gig
hard drive at present. But once I get around to installing X, and other
"hogs", disk space will become more of an issue.

Mark

Mark Stone   ||   strider at linux.com   ||   http://digitalpilgrim.com
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
                                               -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com