Reboot Problem

Georg Wilckens durandal at nfinity.de
Tue Jun 6 14:23:53 PDT 2000

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 07:00:35PM +0100, Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > append="reboot=bios"
>
> My LFS Server now reboots fine...thanks!
>
> ...but I have another problem, which may be related.
>

> I have a machine running SuSE 6.4 (I didn't have time to do LFS, but will do
> eventually..).
> The machine uses soft power, thus once on, the power swich doesn't do
> anything.
>
> I have re-compiled the kernel, and included APM support, but when I shut
> down, it doesn't switch off  :(
> The only way to turn it off, is to pull the power lead out of the back,
> which is not a good solution...

man halt. I'd almost bet, halt is being called without -p. Check
/sbin/init.d/halt and grep for halt.

       -p     When halting the system, do a poweroff. This is the
              default when halt is called as poweroff.
--
Georg Wilckens <durandal at nfinity.de>

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com