keeping source trees

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 6 22:15:57 PDT 2000

> > compile a C program with: gcc --verbose -c filename.c
> >
> > the verbose output includes the paths gcc looks in for include files
>
> That did the trick, it isn't looking in /usr/local/include allright, now
> to figure out how to modify this...i have no idea where to begin.
>
> Should this be mentioned in the book? (and the fix)

I tried it myself and also found it doesn't scan /usr/local/include
This should definitely be fixed, but I have no idea how to do that as of
yet. I guess when somebody reads the FAQ or INSTALL files it should
become clear, but that someone isn't going to be me for a little while.

If somebody figures it out before I do, let us know. I've put it on the
TODO list so I will address it...at some point.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com