keeping kernel trees.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 7 09:26:22 PDT 2000

> Yo,
>
> Quick fix:
> add this line to /etc/profile: export C_INCLUDE_PATH='/usr/local/include'
> (credit: Raffaele Brancaleoni)
>
> Proper fix:
> recompiled Gcc without the '--with-local-prefix=/usr' option
> (credit: Nelson Arzula)

You sure? I rather do use the --with-local-prefix option but instead of
/usr I'd use /usr/local as the value.

It happened once that if with-local-prefix was missing, it started
installing stuff on my normal system (or that was because I made a typo
in some other option - I'm not sure about it anymore)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com