keeping kernel trees.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 7 09:50:41 PDT 2000

> if you read the FAG, it's defaulted to /usr/local ;) so apart from being
> redundant... i'm not quite sure if it would make a difference.
>
> And i'm not talking about before the chroot'ed env, i'm talking /after/...

I think I remember now why I did --with-local-prefix=/usr
it was to fix the cpp problems people were having. if
local-prefix=/usr/local gcc started to look for files in /usr/local
(when in chroot) and there were no files, so cpp aborted after a while
wtih argument list too long. Remember those problems?

I'll be looking into this thing again myself as well. I'll also be
trying a few things. If somebody can actually try the suggestions that
were made and verify that cpp:argument list too long errors don't appear
when local-prefix is set to /usr/local I'd appreciate that (would mean
less work for me)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com