GCC bootstrap error (object files differ)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 7 16:46:08 PDT 2000

> I am currently trying to compile GCC in the chroot'ed enviroment. However
> during "make bootstrap" i got some errors i am unable to resolve. The
> (full) error message is at the bottom.

Beats me, sorry. This is the first time I've seen one of these errors
ever happening. It has been reported that quite a few gcc compilation
problems were due to bad RAM. Try to remove some RAM modules and try
again. You'd be surprised how often gcc fails to compile due to RAM
module problems.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com