Bash error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 8 07:10:30 PDT 2000

> Is this universal? 'cause I compiled glibc-2.1.3 under Bash 2.0.4 and
> it worked...
>
> I had a working glibc-2.1.3 when I did so.

I'm not sure, my brand new VA linux system's machine running redhat 6.2
comes with bash-1.14.7(1) (don't ask why, I even said during
installation to install bash-2.something but it didn't listen to me)

Anyway, if you have used bash-2.04 and glibc compiled just fine then I
don't know what exactly is causing it. I know that bash can be installed
to not complain about illegal variable names and use them anyways
(change something in one of the header files. Not sure which one but it
has been mentioned on this list before). Perhaps your bash-2.04 is
installed that way (ie: could your bash-2.04 be a bash version patched
by PPC?)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com