gcc + binutils - installdirs

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at knuut.de
Thu Jun 8 11:33:57 PDT 2000

Gerard Beekmans <-- Don, 08 Jun 2000 :
> > 1. what is --tooldir exactely defined to be - only compiling related data?
>
> You can install compilers and binutils for different architectures so
> that you can cross-compile and cross-link.

Gosh, just totally forgot cross compiling, shame on me.
So I just defined --tooldir= architecture-compiling dependent data

> SNIP - rest of it - SNIP

Thank you for the long explanation, if done I guess this will help me to do
some experiments, not running into the first makable mistake (but the second).

By the way, installing binutils before file gave me a big 8 line fat warning,
solved: install file first.

Erika
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com