Vacation ended, made up my mind, here is what I want to do

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 8 17:06:36 PDT 2000

> The new way, you have to build LFS, then start rattling through lost of
> different documents, and do *a lot* of reading of advanced stuff, just to
> get a simple system working...

No need to read HOWTO's right away. There are always INSTALL files with
every package which explain how to install a package the quick way.
That's what LFS did - telling you how to do it the quick way. Now you
have to read the INSTALL file yourself instead of me printing it out for
you in the book. I don't think it's that much more extra work to do.

> Gerard -> So, if you're going to drop the 2nd part of the book, does that
> mean ALFS will take off a bit quicker?

Definitely yes. Not sure when exactly. I won't start ALFS until LFS-2.4
has been released. I have no idea how long that will take but not too
too long (perhaps a month or two)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com