bzip2-1.0.0 - Makefile correction ?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 9 14:43:12 PDT 2000

> This is what the install (jumper or tag or how you call it) says
>
> cp -f bzip2 $(PREFIX)/bin/bzip2
> cp -f bzip2 $(PREFIX)/bin/bunzip2
> cp -f bzip2 $(PREFIX)/bin/bzcat
> cp -f bzip2recover $(PREFIX)/bin/bzip2recover
>
> Question:
> Isn´t that a waste of space?

A correction seems in place regarding my previous email. I wasn't
looking at the commands properly. I did this time and yes you're right
this is a waste of space. There's nothing wrong with using symbolic
links to create the bunzip2 and bzcat files.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com