Problem booting lfs

Pedro Emanuel M. D. Pinto jppinto at ci.uc.pt
Fri Jun 9 15:56:29 PDT 2000

I'm installing LFS 2.2 and i've reached chapter 8 ("Creating system boot
scripts").
The kernel boots fine but the same doesn't happen with init.I've checked the
scripts on /etc/init.d and inittab, but I can't spot any error.I made a copy
past from the text in the howto. Does anyone have a clue or
suggestion about what is going on?

After booting the kernel it looks like this:

INIT: version 2.78 booting
INIT: /etc/inittab[2]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[4]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[6]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[8]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[16]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[18]: missing action field
INIT: /etc/inittab[20]: missing action field
": cannot execute "etc/init.d/rcS
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/rc"

(none) login:

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

--
The more you know, the more you realise the litle you knew

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com