Vacation ended, made up my mind, here is what I want to do

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 11 07:37:48 PDT 2000

>     you should probably tell the user to install things into /usr instead
of
> /usr/local

I had kinda figured that out by myself, but, being a newbie, I was wondering
why. Why do programs default to /usr/local if you have to install them to
/usr? Do all programs need a prefix? Do some programs need to be installed
in /usr/local?

BTW, posting using a newsreader still doesn't work. I get "error 441: No
mailing address for "comp.os.linux.from.scratch.discuss" --ask your news
administrator to fix this." I guess it must be because of the mail<->news
link because when I post to .test, it works.

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com