Finished! one question (possible bug/typo)

Keith Marshall krm05 at uow.edu.au
Sun Jun 11 22:32:27 PDT 2000

Hi,

I just booted into lfs sucessfully for the first time!

Initially I was getting an error at bootup about not having permission to
execute the "rc" script.
So I did a chmod 755 on it and it worked fine.

I checked the book and found that in lfs2.3.4 it instructs to chmod 755 on
all the scripts in /etc/init.d/ but not rc?
Is this an error or is there a reason for this?

Keith

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com