Compiling for a diffirent machine.

Richard (Remenic) Stellingwerff mortallic at multiweb.nl
Mon Jun 12 02:14:56 PDT 2000

Hi there,

I want to create an LFS for a 486 machine, but I don't actually want to
compile it on that machine. Instead, I want to compile it on my P225MMX,
but normally I think that would cause problems, since a i486 is not
really compatible with a i586.

The reason I believe this, is because a few months ago I had created an
LFS on a Cyrix 6x86, and that one refused to work on my P225. I got
error messages like 'unknown instruction'.

How can I make sure my LFS gets compiled for i486?

thnx in advance,

- Remenic.
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com