Finished! one question (possible bug/typo)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 12 18:53:11 PDT 2000

> kill `pidof licq`

There we go. Didn't know that kill would handle multiple PID's that way.

something different:
chaser:~$ pidof sendmail

chaser:~$

sendmail is running....

pidof /usr/sbin/sendmail doens't work either
ps ax|grep sendmail does work though

what's the matter with that? Does it look in /var/run or so? (haven't
read man page. Will do that whenever I get around using it in the book)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com