glibc - make check results

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 13 13:57:32 PDT 2000

> Hi, nearly to start my LFS.
> One thing before I contiue, when I made check on glibc
> there were 2 sections which did not completely check ok:
> /posix and /math. BTW, my iP has the 0F-F0 bug which
> is worked around.
>
> The math is giving me some headache during some of
> the last packs to compile (took a bunch of tablets and
> just went on), not really totally neccessary to my view.
>
> Would you please give me a short info on whether your
> checks ALL passed, please. This might help my estimation.

It has been reported before that make check on glibc fails and it
doesn't seem to harm the system at all. "make checks" are more often
broken or don't work properly. I myself never run a make check. I just
install it and see how well it works. If not, then I will get back to
the package and try to figure out what exactly is wrong.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com