compiling problems

Neo Neo.the.Matrix at t-online.de
Wed Jun 14 12:14:18 PDT 2000

Hello out there!
first of all, your book is the coolest book about linux i've ever read (ok,
it's the first one, but it helps me very much.) But now to my problem:
I created a new ext2 partition and began building lfs using my already
installed SuSE Linux 6.4. But when i tried to compile gcc statically (as
mentioned in your book: preparing lfs to install basic system software), i
got an error message i've attached to the message in unix text format. My
commands were:
tar xzf /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz
mkdir gcc-build
cd gcc-build
../gcc-2.95.2/configure --enable-languages=c --disable-nls
make -e LDFLAGS=-static bootstrap
.
My SuSE said to gcc --version:
2.95.2