compiling problems

Neo Neo.the.Matrix at t-online.de
Thu Jun 15 04:39:09 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: <lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: compiling problems

> > first of all, your book is the coolest book about linux i've ever read
(ok,
> > it's the first one, but it helps me very much.) But now to my problem:
> > I created a new ext2 partition and began building lfs using my already
> > installed SuSE Linux 6.4. But when i tried to compile gcc statically (as
> > mentioned in your book: preparing lfs to install basic system software),
> > got an error message i've attached to the message in unix text format.
My
> > commands were:
> > tar xzf /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz
> > mkdir gcc-build
> > cd gcc-build
> > ../gcc-2.95.2/configure --enable-languages=c --disable-nls
> > make -e LDFLAGS=-static bootstrap
> > .
> > My SuSE said to gcc --version:
> > 2.95.2
> > What am i making wrong?
>
> > cexp.o: In function yparse':
> > /mnt/network/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/cexp.y:213: undefined reference to
> > _one_cmpldi2'
> > /mnt/network/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/cexp.y:277: undefined reference to
> > _one_cmpldi2'
> > /mnt/network/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/cexp.y:283: undefined reference to
> > _one_cmpldi2'
> > cexp.o: In function ylex':
> > /mnt/network/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/cexp.y:712: undefined reference to
> > _one_cmpldi2'
>
> I'm afraid I can't be of much help. This error puzzles me too (doens't
> help when I've never seen it before). Perhaps you can try to install all
> available SuSe development packages for glibc and kernel.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

First of all thanks for your message.
Yesterday I reinstalled gcc and deinstalled all glibc2.0 tools under my SuSE
distrib and got the message:
boot comparison failure!
cccp.o differs
xxxx.o differs

Actually i forgot the name of the second file, maybe now there might be
someone who can help me?
I will try to reinstall all development packages except the kernel, because
I have downloaded a newer one. Maybe then it works. But I don't think so.

Anyone an idea?

Hoping for answer,
Enno Welbers

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com