Current TODO list and Changelog for 2.3.5

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 15 07:16:09 PDT 2000

> How about taking all the target specific stuff out of the init.d directory
> and into a separate directory in /etc? That way boot scripts can be updated
> without having to fiddle with the settings. Eg:
>
> in /etc/init.d/ethnet:
> . /etc/config/ethnet

Could you explain that need some more? I'm not sure I fully understand
who would benefit from this.

> and in /etc/config/ethnet:
> IP_ADDRESS=1.2.3.4
> NETMASK=255.255.240.0

That's actually changed. I've put in a default IP address from the
private range (192.168.1.1 is the default now with appropriate netmask
and broadcast)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com