Current TODO list and Changelog for 2.3.5

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 15 12:51:09 PDT 2000

> hi,
>
> what's about to find a fix for the strange login problem when updating to
> kernel 2.3.x?
>
> On my system it takes round about 2 minutes after login till bash-prompt comes
> up. if i use a wrong password "login incorrect" comes up suddenly".
>
> i can remember that i am not the only one, who is having the problem.
>
> Or is there already a fix for?

No known fix. Problem doens't seem to be there when not using shadow
passwords.

I'm not going to find a fix for this for a development kernel. If the
problem still exists in the 2.4 kernel then I'll go bug hunting and find
or create a patch to solve this.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com