update TODO list

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 15 16:19:04 PDT 2000

> I've noticed that some pre 2.4.0 kernels are out...have you checked
> them out yet??  I wonder how hard it will be to "upgrade" the /dev
> stuff...

I've seen them too but haven't downloaded them. I'm just going to sit
back and wait for the official 2.4 release.

I don't think it'll be hard to upgrade the /dev stuff with devfs.
Temporarily we'll have to install static files in $LFS/dev using makedev
and when we're about to leave the chroot environment remove the $LFS/dev
files. Then devfs must be mounted before the checkfs (former checkroot)
script is being executed. I don't anticipate too many modifications
being made to the book to get devfs working. I just have to clearly
explain that when you're configuring a kernel you *have* to enable devfs
support.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com