Thoughts on PAM

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 16 07:37:21 PDT 2000

> In order to figure this out, I'm currently downloading redhell 6.2, which
> should have lots of PAM configuration examples, as well as support for my SCSI
> card (makes it possible to write lilo scripts to include the SCSI disk, as
> well as the IDE).  However, if anyone knows anything about PAM, I would
> greatly appreciate help in understanding it myself.  Like I say, the documen-
> tation is sparse and really hard to follow.

That's why I never started working on PAM. I don't have time to scrape
documentation from places. If somebody (like you Eric) figures this out
and can combine some docs in a tarball I'll read through it. As usual I
want to know what I'm adding to a book (I'm responsible for whatever
content makes the book so I want to know what I'm adding so that means I
have to learn PAM at least the basics before it's added)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com