Current TODO list and Changelog for 2.3.5

Hywel Mallett Hywel at hmallett.force9.net
Fri Jun 16 12:46:39 PDT 2000

"Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote in message
news:20000614163218.A940 at lfs.linuxfromscratch.org...
> Hi folks.
>
> 2.3.5 is nearly finished. These are the items that are still on the TODO
> list:
>
> - Test if Glibc compilation fails when bash-2.04 is used. I'll attempt
> to compile Glibc from an LFS system running bash-2.04 and see what
> happens (RedHat doens't have bash-2.04 and I don't want to upgrade
> standard RedHat programs for various reasons. One reason being that I
> want to use original distribution's versions and not upgraded ones)

I'm having problems here, trying to install LFS 2.3.4 from a working LFS 2.2
system. The 2.2 system now has bash-2.04, and glibc gives me the invalid
character problem if you try and install it normally. If you edit the
Makefiles and take the hyphens out, then it appears to install normally, but
upon entering the chrooted environment, then you get segmentation faults as
soon as you try to install anything (apart from ed-0.02). You (I) get the
segmentation faults when you install normally too.
Reding the documentation of glibc, I noticed it says not to compile as root.
Could this be where I was going wrong? Haven't had time to recompile yet, as
it takes ages (well over four hours).

--
Hywel Mallett

News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com