package searching ...

Yann Kerhervé kerherve at esiea-ouest.fr
Sat Jun 17 14:31:25 PDT 2000

Hi,

Someone knows where I could find a file containing :

<name of a 'package'>  <url of the home page>
ex :
apache     	http://apache.org
imagemagick 	http://www.imagemagick.org

(obvious examples,  but sometimes it's very hard to guess the url :)

In fact, it's just an index ala freshmeat. something that could be much
more powerfull :

<binarie|library>       <pkg name>
convert			imagemagick
mkfs.vfat		??? (I'm still searching)

a bit like debian's Contents.tgz, but adapted to LFS users :)
I think, It could be very handy. any comments ?

Yann Kerhervé
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com