News does not work as expected

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 17 18:55:51 PDT 2000

I'll be repeating this message at least once a day for a while.

The LFS News <-> Mailinglist gateway is not working as expected. All
newsgroup posts do arive at the Mailinglist but not the other way around
(it's creating loops which haven't been solved yet).

So if you posted a question using the news server, you have to be on the
mailinglist to receive the reply (unless somebody explicitely sends a
reply on the news group which won't be me). So I'd suggets stay away
from the newsgroup for a bit until Paul has been able to fix it. Since
Paul's planning a vacation this venture will probbly be postponed for
another month.

www.linuxfromscratch.org