Root password won't work (test of init/bash/lilo.config)

justin at j-catter.demon.co.uk justin at j-catter.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 03:09:33 PDT 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 10:09:54PM -0400, you wrote:
> > I've double checked the password in the documentation with
> > $LFS/etc/password and it is the same but I can't log in with lfs123.
> >

> Is this a typo? It should be $LFS/etc/passwd
> If it is a typo, try deleting the password field for root in
> $LFS/etc/passwd. This will allow you to login without a password. Then you
> can change the password with the passwd program.

Yes it is a typo... Yep, checked again, it is. This seems the easiest
solution seeing as I haven't got the passwd program built yet; delete the
password and make sure it works and create password when I get that far.

Thanks for the tips.

--
Th nw mnmlst .sig                                      Justin C by the sea.