m4-1.4 again

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 18 07:34:57 PDT 2000

> I did now and it is active, but this does not help. Besides that when the
> book installs m4 we do only have config + dep + sources linked, so it
> should not be a matter of what kernel runs at the moment (or?)

What if you just ignore the make check for now. M4 might rely on other
programs to perform a test which aren't installed yet. Doesn't it
compile at all (ignore that sigstack warning. Everybody gets it, it
should not result in a compilation failure).

I've tried to compile it several times and it works all the time.

Do this please:

./configure --prefix=/usr 1> configure-log 2>&1
make 1> make.log 2>&1

bzip2 both .log files and email them and I'll compare it with my output
and try to find where the problem lies.

www.linuxfromscratch.org