package searching ...

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at knuut.de
Sun Jun 18 07:50:12 PDT 2000

Georg Wilckens <-- Son, 18 Jun 2000 :
> SNIP
> Do we really need that? Programs you want to install should usually
> document their dependencies. If you really want to know what package a
> particular file belongs to, you can still use rpm on a regular
> distribution...
> SNIP

There is a very big stress on "should usually" ... to my experience.

If we need to ask rpm on a regular distribution why then do we not just
also use the regular distribution and forget about all the pain getting an
LFS working ??

I personally do not want to spend all my time, energy and nerves in building
my LFS and end up being still dependend on any other distribution. If work
is done and I did a good job there is not need to keep my rare space for other
distribution.

Erika