uhm seems that news stuff does work now?

Paul Jensen pj at pcrentals.com
Sun Jun 18 13:15:03 PDT 2000

Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote in message
news:20000618102353.C771 at lfs.linuxfromscratch.org...
> I'm a bit confused here. Last I heard was that posts to mailinglist
> don't make the newsgroup but I'm just seeing messages I posted to the
> list in the newsgroup.
>
> Paul, what's the exact status on this mail<->news interface?

email -> news   works
news -> email   works except the newspost does not get posted to the news
                        group.

the mail sent from the news group is handed off to majordomo correctly.
but when the majordomo sends back the email to the newsgroup, it is rejected
for being a duplicate!

i have spent maybe 5 to 6 hours on this and do not have an answer yet.  i
have tried 2 different ways to do this interface - neither worked.  it may
be a majordomo issue.

right now, you can use your news reader to read the lists, just post to the
list using email.  eventually we will solve the problem.

paul jensen
www.pcrdallas.com
lfs ftp/news/mail archive