Update on password not working episode.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 19 19:12:13 PDT 2000

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 08:10:23PM -0400, you wrote:
> > > After the reboot -f I copied accross the kernel I'd built, without
> > > modules, updated lilo.conf, ran lilo and booted the kernel. AOK. <VBG>!
> >
> > AOK? VBG?
> >
> All Okay. Very big grin.

I'm not kidding when I say that I came up with that too but I couldn't
imagine that you actually meant that ;)

> I must admit I don't understand this libc and glibc business. I'm
> guessing that they are C libraries and that glibc is the Gnu version but
> what difference it makes having one over the other is beyond my current
> knowledge.

glibc is just libc6 but after libc5 they changed the name to glibc
(g=gnu) since there are more C libraries out there than just the GNU
version.

> I suppose this is more a general Linux topic than LFS, perhaps this reply
> ought to go there... except I'm not subscribed there.

What's stopping you?

www.linuxfromscratch.org