still can't compile perl

Avery Fay afay at ultranet.com
Mon Jun 19 21:09:26 PDT 2000

> Ok, am I the only one who can't compile perl???
>
> I still get the error: missing seperator...
>
> I think I got the same error with 5.5 and 5.6
>
> I got the same error with 3.4 and 3.5.
>
> Kurt

I can't be sure what your problem is because the missing separator error
basically means that there is something wrong with the makefile. When I
compile perl and got this error, I found out it was because I did not have
/dev/null. Check to see if you have it and if you do, see if it is working
correctly.

Avery Fay