HTML Download File for 2.3.5b

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 15:51:07 PDT 2000

> Works fine on my cracker box. However... File 3.31 site is non-compus
> mendi. DOA or asleep at the switch, whatever. Alternate targeting
> parameters anyone?

They're using a rather old ftp daemon (or a rather misconfigured one or
a rather feature-less one) that doens't understand the PASSIVE transfer
mode. Most clients and browsers use PASSIVE mode by default and the
ftp.astron.com server chokes on it. So you'll have to get a regular FTP
client to connect to it and don't use passive file transfer mode (even
an 'ls' fails when passive is used, so pretty much any kind of transfer
using PASSIVE mode fails at their site).

www.linuxfromscratch.org