LFS image directory structure

Joe Weidenbach weidenba at mnic.net
Thu Jun 22 06:11:28 PDT 2000

> Still, if anyone without a CD-burner needs the 2.3.5 image, drop me a
> note.

I have been working on a similar project with a linux tutorial (which I
am currently writing) bundled on the disk--I think LFS is perfectly suited to
the task of teaching a person who has very little linux background how to make
the system work.  The issue I have is this:  I've only got an IDE CD-R, so
right now I have to switch into windows to burn things.

Given that, since I haven't been able to get my linux images to be read by
Adeptec Easy CD Creator, the only option I've got to make it work is to put a
tar.gz file on the CD and include a boot disk with tar, gzip, and several other
utilities on it.  The downside is that if I do that, all the learner has to do
is untar the archive, and they'd have a full filesystem with static binaries.
That cuts out half the process, in my mind.

The question is this:  Do you need to have a SCSI CD-R to burn CDs in linux?
The howtos make me believe that is the case.  If so, is there any way to make
the iso-9960 image readable by adaptec?  If not, what utilities, if any,
support IDE CDR's?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe Weidenbach